Saturday, December 29, 2007

Revving up for the New Year

Whew! What a whirlwind Christmas was. Sort of glad it's all over actually. Our house is beginning to look somewhat normal again thankfully. The cat, Indie, can quit bashing the ornaments from the tree and all over the house. The dogs can resume their positions on the couches now we have less intruders or should I call them visitors to share the seating with.

We actually had a white Christmas here in Oklahoma. It snowed/iced two days before, melted off and then snowed the two days after Christmas right when my daughter was due to leave of course. She made it home safely which is great.

I have been invited to be the featured artist at the North Main Gallery in Mt. Vernon Ohio during February so I am working on my first collection of smaller oil paintings for this show. This will coincide with a pastel workshop to be offered on Saturday February 2nd at the Plum Alley Studio or we may move to a larger space close by if needed to accommodate everyone.

A list of required materials will be posted here, on my website and available through the gallery also. My workshops are fun and informative. I don't hold back all my tricks of the trade as I believe we have a duty to share what we know with others which can only enhance their artistic pursuits. I have had the joy of attending workshops and seminars with many great artists and have come away with some great snippets and techniques, making the workshop very worthwhile.

Today the sun is shining here in Oklahoma and I hope to begin a new work featuring citrus fruits. There is something about a juicy orange in the winter that begs to be painted. I'll post pics here as I progress.

HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY Y'ALL... I'm now bilingual Aussie Okie.. :-)

Cheers,

Colleen

No comments: