Sunday, December 23, 2007

Anticipation

Good morning! It's the Sunday before Christmas and I have been out of bed since 7am. My daughter Andrea is driving from Nebraska to Oklahoma by herself to be with us for the holidays. Of course I am both excited but also a little apprehensive about her driving over 400 miles by herself in her not always reliable vehicle.


I will keep busy making cookies, rumballs, etc and since I still have a few boxes left to unpack from the move, finding something to occupy my mind shouldn't be a problem. On the art scene I have garnered a corner of the breakfast room to set up my art space. I'll post some photos when I have it all tidied up. While we have four bedrooms, this is the only space that doesn't have carpet. Let's just say pastel and oil paints don't play well with carpet. I have replaced a room or two previously and thought I'd try something different this time.


A good floor covering can be one of those vinyl tablecloths turned upside down so the fluffy cloth side is up. It tends to catch a lot of the dust and other drippings from painting. Do be careful though if you place that on a tile or vinyl floor it can be a bit slick.


Have a great Sunday!



No comments: