Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


One good thing about having families in two countries is the prolonged celebration it brings us. My parents, brother and most of my extended family still live in Australia which is about 17 hours ahead of the USA at this time of year. So I wait for it to get to around 5am over there and call my brother's house to ensure his teenage daughters know it is time to wake up and begin their Christmas Day. I'm good like that! :-)

Of course this does draw retaliatory treatment from my brother Terry who will return the favour when Christmas morning finally gets to us. He doesn't get as much joy now that all three of our girls have gone off to college and are not here for him to rouse. That coupled with the option of turning down the volume on my telephone ringer means I'm not playing fair with him. It's to be expected though. Even if my brother and I can't be in the same country we can still torment one another!

On the homefront, we did enjoy a nice quiet morning with my daughter Andrea who got here safely from Nebraska. I have to laugh about the fact that she made it all 440 miles only to not be able to find each other in the Walmart parking lot where we were to meet up. Perpective is an interesting thing. She had a whole different outlook on the area from her vantage point than I at the other end of the parking lot. So much so, that I really thought we were in two different Walmarts.

After opening our gifts and taking some photos for the album, Andrea (who is in culinary school) cooked breakfast for us all. My husband's family will be joining us this afternoon for a meal and shared enjoyment. My fingers are twitching to get to my art table and begin creating a series of new paintings. I find that the closing of an old year and the dawning of a new one recharges my batteries and creative juices.

May all of you have a fabulous day today whether you are surrounded by family or enjoying a more quiet moment.

Merry Christmas to all,
Colleen Brown Fine Art - Bloggings of an Artist.  Pastel, Oils, Acrylics and more, Still life, florals, portraits,landscapes.  Workshops from beginner to advanced. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. www.colleenbrown.com

No comments: