Saturday, December 22, 2007

2008 is Gonna be Great!

Ok, well basically 2007 has been a crappy year. And not just for me. So many people I have chatted with lately have talked about the challenges they've faced. The only thing to do is put it all behind us and move forward into 2008.

Personally, I am diving in head first to the art festival scene. I am planning to attend a LOT of art fairs this year. Of course this depends largely on my being juried in to the shows. A positive attitude never hurt so I am just forging ahead as if my applications will be accepted. The 2008 Oklahoma Festival of the Arts has seen fit to offer me a spot this year which is great! We set up on Monday, April 21st and the show runs through until Sunday evening on the 27th, so quite a long week I imagine.

Other shows I am applying to include Cherry Creek, St. Louis, St. James Court, Tulsa Mayfest, and a few others. Let's hope I can get into a few more of these great shows. As I move towards the show season I will be sharing my preparations with you. This is my first year where I am attempting to attend more than one show, so it will be interesting to see how this all goes.

I will share my comparisons on buying panels to hang my work on, finding a new framer now we've moved states who can handle my pastel work, putting together a kit to take to the shows and much more as I discover what it takes to do this. I can't promise it will always be pretty!! I have a lot to learn.

So if you've been there and done that I welcome any information you have to share with a show newbie and if you are also considering participating in the show circuit I'd love to hear from you too!

Have a wonderful Holiday season and I look forward to chatting with you all again soon!

Til next time,






http://www.colleenbrown.com/

No comments: